I ADORE this recipe ♡ I developed a major sweet-tooth earlier this year and honestly cannot stop eating all things sweet. It can super dangerous because you should only have a certain amount of natural sugar per day, although I do love how our sense of taste changes as we age.
I can now try all the wonderful sweet treats and truly appreciate them and gosh how delightful they all are! I practically skip home after every single dessert ♡ Savoury dishes just don't give you that same 'skip', you know? Well these banana popsicles certainly make me skip! They are soooo delicious and although they don't taste healthy, they certainly are! I hope you'll enjoy this one as much as I do.
2 tbsp organic peanut butter
2 tbsp cacao powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Peel and halve bananas.
2. Insert popsicle sticks into each half.
3. Place on a lined cookie sheet or plate and freeze for 2 hours.
4. Melt peanut butter with 1 tbsp coconut oil in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until mixed well.
5. Pour the mixture over the frozen banana to coat.
6. Pop the coated bananas back into freezer.
7. Crush almonds - leave aside to be used as a topping after cacao coating.
8. Melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds. Stir in cacao powder. Mix well.
9. Pour melted cacao over frozen bananas.
10. Immediately sprinkle crushed almond onto chocolate before it sets.
11.Chill cacao-covered bananas for an extra 10 minutes and enjoy!
Store in the freezer up to 1 week