The most nourishing foods are surprisingly the simplest to make! This soup is plant-based, creamy and delicious. I also added cauliflower to this soup! Cauliflower is a great ingredient because it adds volume while making the soup creamier when it’s blended. You could also serve this soup warm or chilled! The combination of turmeric, ginger and carrot is sure to satisfy while getting all the health benefits of each.
Carrots help aid in digestion, boost immunity and they help prevent cancer. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A which can help improve eyesight. They are a high source of antioxidants and decrease the risk of heart disease.
Ginger is a great source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper and manganese. It can relieve nausea and heals the gut. Ginger helps strengthen the immune system, helps ease pain and inflammation, helps lower cholesterol levels, and boosts metabolism.
Turmeric is great for inflammation, a powerful antioxidant, and helps protect your heart. Turmeric is brain boosting, aids in faster healing and helps fight cancer and diabetes.
Cauliflower reduces the risk of cancer, fights inflammation, and improves digestion. It aids in weight loss, provides high levels of antioxidants and helps balance hormones! It is also rich in vitamin C and vitamin K.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 & ½ lbs carrots, diced into coins
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Toppings: crushed pistachios, hemp hearts, etc.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add about 1 Tablespoon of olive or coconut oil.
- Add diced onion, salt & pepper, ginger and turmeric.
- Stir frequently until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable broth and stir.
- Add chopped cauliflower and carrots.
- Lower heat on low-medium until the soup lightly simmers.
- Cover for about 25 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
- Transfer to a blender or use a hand blender and blend until super smooth.
- Serve or chill and serve, then top with pistachios, hemp hearts, or whatever your heart desires!
Follow along with me on my blog HERE for more great recipes!
Food Blogger/Photographer ✨